10 Things To Consider if You Want to Get Promoted or Get HiredBy Angela Marshall, 19th Sep 2011
With so many people looking for work and less promotions when you are in work, it is important you stand out from the crowd. Having a good personal image , showing enthusiasm and having energy in what you do is so important. Many of the candidates will have equally impressive qualifications, however it is the candidate who knows how to look the part, knows what to say and how to say it in the interview who will win the job. People buy people and they choose someone they like and trust within seconds.
Ask yourself, why shoudl a company or business employ you or promote you?
Are you passionate about your work, are you honest and trustworthy. Will you bring additional qualities to the company and are you a team player. Do you have fresh ideas and encourage fellow workers?
10 things to consider with your personal image:
- Have a smart well groomed appearance
- Be courteous and well mannered
- Have good body language
- Ensure you have good communication skills
- Be self confident, but not arrogant or brash
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have a good work ethic
- Ensure your computer skills are up to date
- Be positive and motivated
- Ensure you have good interpersonal skills and show interest in other people
Dress for the job you want, dress appropriatley for the company’s brand, your personal brand and your wardrobe personality