6 tips for Networking Socially or ProfessionallyBy Angela Marshall, 15th Dec 2008
Whether we are meeting people in a social or business environment there are some dos and don’ts that will help us:
Introduce yourself to people
- Ask open questions e.g. Where did you travel from?
- Listen and learn
- Build up a rapport and find out what you have in common
- Be positive
- Help others and they will help you
- Walk into a room looking for potential clients
- Do all the talking
- Only talk about yourself
- Be negative, moaning about others or the event
- Show a lack of interest in them – you never know who they may know.
- Slouch and look miserable
- Ignore people when they contact you