Luxury Eyewear for Men – Hot Picks for Spring/Summer 2013By Angela Marshall, 15th Mar 2013
For Men – Hot Picks for Spring/Summer 2013
For the Guys, where better to start than with James Bond…
1) This Aviator from Tom Ford as worn in the recent Skyfall movie is an instant classic. Distinguished and refined; it looks the part in Hollywood and will look the part on holiday.
2) It takes a certain type of gentleman to pull off a man bag. If that man isn’t you, these folding classic Persol sunglasses are just the ticket. The design is well tailored and very slick, and allows the frame to collapse into a pocket size case. Nifty.
3) There are only so many ways most men can alter their usual style of eyewear, and texture is now one of them. “Italia Independent” offer some great variations of the classic wayfarer style, with the use of corduroy and velvet. It really shouldn’t work. But actually it does; and very well.
4) Dior Homme have produced a limited collection of sunglasses that are possibly the most comfortable I have worn to date. They are extremely lightweight (titanium), very well tailored, and feel very Dior. Luxury as standard.
5) Céline are fairly unseasoned in eyewear terms. The collection feels very fresh and represents original and distinct designs, headed by these. Preppy, vintage and an early masterstroke from Céline.