New Job or Back to Work – Feel Confident with What you WearBy Angela Marshall, 2nd Sep 2010
Whether you are going back to work after a break, looking for a job, starting a different job or starting your own business you need to feel confident with what you wear.
You may ask yourself what clothes have I got or what do I need to purchase? You need to ask yourself:
- What image do I wish to portray and what is the brand of the company I have or I work for?
- Has my wardrobe personality changed?
- Do I know what style, fabrics and accessories I enjoy to reflect my personality?
- Check sort out and organise your wardrobe
- Make a list of the essential items you need for work
- Purchase only key items you need and gradually add more, especially if you are on a tight budget
- Buy a few of this season’s accessories to change and update your wardrobe
- Ensure you have comfortable shoes for work
- Have a good quality handbag, satchel or briefcase
- Always be well groomed – have shoe cleaning kit, sewing kit and organise your washing and ironing
What you need to ensure that you have an up to date image to suit you and the organisation. This doesn’t need to cost a lot, sort and organise your wardrobe and then make a list of the essentials you need.
If you need to know more about your wardrobe personality or work out what is your wardrobe personality type then try the questionnaire in my book. OR
Why not consider an image consultation which will help you to understand what styles; colours compliment you and your personality plus how to improve your wardrobe so that you stand out from the crowd in a positive way with great self esteem and confidence.
Understand how to have a wardrobe to suit you and your budget, so that you don’t have clothes sitting in your wardrobe and not being worn.