Smile! It’s Good for You and Other PeopleBy Angela Marshall, 17th Dec 2013
Smiling is a very powerful expression
When you have good days make it a good day for others too. When you are having a bad day then why not smile, as it will raise your spirits and make you feel better as well as making others feel happier. If you walk into a room smiling you straightaway look like a person that is positive and happy. People like being around positive people. Some people seem to naturally smile, whilst others seem to find it difficult, yet like anything if you practice it will become easier and like any habit before you know it you will smile a lot more and also feel happier.
To naturally smile starts with the eyes, so think positively and think of something that makes you happy or as my photographer says when he takes photos “Think of something naughty”. Be positive and try to turn negative situations into positive ones.
Keep your teeth clean and if needed have them whitened as this will give you more confidence to show your teeth when you smile. Keep your lips in good condition. Keep them moist, especially in cold or very hot weather, use lip balm or women use lipstick or lip gloss. When you meet new or strange people whether out shopping, on public transport and especially in business situations it is worth smiling, it shows positivity and friendliness.
7 Benefits of Smiling:
- Smiling is a quick and easy way to look good and feel good.
- Smiling makes you look younger!
- People will like you more as you show friendship.
- People feel they can trust you.
- It can help relationships when you want a favour, make mistakes or an error.
- Smiling boosts health, reduces stress levels and boosts your immune system.
- It is a more fun way to live a happy and healthier life.
Smiling can’t solve all your problems, but it can make most situations better.
“Smile and the world smiles with you”
“ Smile and the World smiles Back”