Spring is here – Time to Sort Your WardrobeBy Angela Marshall, 3rd Apr 2012
Spring is here and so now is a good time to turn your attention to sorting out your wardrobe. The moth season begins soon so consider sending your winter coats, jackets, suits and your important items you are not wearing to the cleaners and then put them away in breathable garment covers that are free from moths and dust proof. For moth products see Totalmothcare and quote “APPEARWARDROBE” for 20% discount as a client of mine.
There is something very positive and beneficial about tidying and getting rid of clutter. If you have a messy, untidy wardrobe/s – once sorted out you will feel much better, find clothes much easier and be more aware of what you have to wear with what. The job will be well worth it. You will feel so much better and more energised. You may discover things you had long forgotten, items that have been hidden in the back of your wardrobe!
The thought of sorting your clothes can be a bit overwhelming in which case divide the task into small sessions and listen to some music or have the TV on to help you enjoy the activity. Open your wardrobe and drawers and look at the session with enthusiasm. View it as something new, which may well give you some creative ideas.
10 Tips to help sort and plan your wardrobe:
- Lay the clothes out on your bed.
- Divide the items into 4 piles – clothes definitely to go out, clothes to definitely stay, mending or revamp pile and the hardest – may go out.
- Clean, vacuum and dust the wardrobe, and hang anti-moth items throughout your clothes and drawers.
- Only hang back in the wardrobe the clothes you will definitely wear.
- Fold or hang elsewhere the “may go out” pile. See if you miss them, if not they can go.
- Hang same colour and same items together e.g. shirts, dresses, trousers, jackets, skirts.
- Store away items you will not wear until next season.
- Revamp dated or items you do not wear e.g. change buttons, shorten skirt.
- Work out how you can mix and match the items.
- Make a list of what you need for the season and what will help you to mix and match the items you have more effectively.
If you look after your clothes they will last longer, look better and it will save you money. Plus you will find it much easier each day to choose what to wear to “look, feel and be your very best”.