Tips for Looking & Feeling Good for the Social Event SeasonBy Angela Marshall, 3rd Apr 2012
The summer social season will soon be upon us and it is always fun to attend many of the events, whether for personal or business reasons. However, it’s easy to feel self conscious, embarrassed or uncomfortable in your outfit if you do not wear the appropriate items for the occasion or that suit your personality. Ensure you give sufficient thought and allow sufficient time when choosing what to wear for the day.
Here are ten top tips to consider:
- Rules – ensure you know the dress code for the event – the website will advise you
- Outfits – avoid too tight, too short or all items too bright
- Hats – for a plain outfit choose an elaborate hat, for a patterned outfit choose a plain hat
- Hat Rules – choose one to suit your size and face shape e.g. if a petite lady avoid a very large hat with a big brim
- Hat pins – ensure your hat is securely fastened on your head; allow for strong breezes at the races
- Wear suitable shoes – choose comfort as well as style to suit the outfit; avoid high stiletto heels on grass
- Dress rehearsal – Try on the whole of your outfit and accessories before the day
- Jewellery – less is more, look elegant and avoid too much bling!
- Weather – the British weather is unpredictable, review the forecast and be prepared
- Finally – smile, look happy, socialise and enjoy
Image credit for Ascot: Royal Ascot