Tips on How to wear the Season’s PatternsBy Angela Marshall, 12th Mar 2012
The new season is full of items of clothing and accessories with patterns from checked, florals, graphics and animal prints. For women patterns are seen for bottoms, tops, dresses, scarves, shoes and bags. Men there are patterns for shirts, jeans, trousers and travel bags. If you want to be on trend then many of the designers have several patterns to wear at the same time. A lot will depend on your wardrobe personality as to how you will enjoy wearing them.
As an image consultant, I suggest considering the following tips:
- Wear size of patterns that reflect your frame and height e.g. Small frame – small patterns, large frame – large patterns. Large prints on a petite person’s body will look out of proportion to their height.
- Patterns bring attention – wear patterns that compliment the best areas of your body.
- Feel too large for patterns – consider a bag or scarf.
- Pattern scarves add interest to a plain outfit and bring attention to your face.
- Ensure you match the prints to plain outfit.
- Add a pattern item for interest to a neutral colour outfit.
- Wear neutral tone shoes with pattern clothes