Tips to Look Slimmer for Men and WomenBy Angela Marshall, 30th Nov 2010
This time of year we want to look our best at the office party and many people wish to look slimmer. This can be done by wearing the correct style and proportion of clothes to suit you. Here are Appearance Management quick tips to help you look your best:
10 Tips for Looking Slimmer:
- Right underwear – avoid the” muffin top” spilling over your waist, choose pants to suit your shape. Applies to men and women. No good wearing tiny underwear when you are not tiny.
- Bring attention to your best areas and camouflage your weaker one. e.g. Women – empire line brings attention to your bust and camouflage your middle. Men – layer a shirt and wear a waistcoat to hide your round tummy.
- Avoid baggy tops and bottoms. Choose one or other best to suit you
- Avoid tops finishing at your weakest area e.g . tummy, thighs, waist
- Avoid heavy weight fabric – go for mid weight
- Avoid pleating around the tummy wear flat front trousers
- Avoid high necks – collars and v necks will suit you better
- Dress top to toe in similar colour
- Wear vertical stripes and avoid horizontal ones
- Avoid stretchy material , wear looser fabrics
Understanding the correct styles and proportions to suit your bodyshape can make a great difference. If you need help call Angela at Appearance Management for a style consultation.