What to Wear on a First DateBy Angela Marshall, 17th Sep 2012
You know the saying “You’ve only got one chance to make a first impression”. Well, that is especially true on a first date. We all make quick judgements even if they are subconscious. The way we dress gives out messages about our personality, so ensure your dress reflects yours and that you not only look great but feel great. It is important that you are confident, relaxed and making the most of who you are and what you have. Simply concentrate on your good aspects and you will look good and have genuine appeal.
5 tips to consider:
- Where are you going? Is it a dinner, the cinema, drink, not sure? Look like you have made an effort but keep it simple. Nothing too extreme. Wear comfortable shoes if you are going to be walking very far or ensure you have good transport.
- Dress to suit your personality – are you conservative, creative, sporty, casual? Then dress to express this. Simple and stylish clothes with the right accessories of your choice will express your personality!
- Dress to compliment your shape and colouring – show your good aspects and wear colours you enjoy.
- Good Personal Grooming – ensure your clothes are well pressed; shoes clean & in good condition; hair, nails and hands clean and well maintained.
- Avoid too much perfume or after shave – the date may not like it and it may also be too overpowering.
If your wardrobe personality does not appeal to them then no doubt you were not made for each other!