Your Wardrobe – 7 Top Tips for Storing ClothesBy Angela Marshall, 25th May 2010
Now is the time to store your winter clothes and organise your summer items. You don’t want to find your favourite items have been eaten by moths. A little time and effort will ensure your clothes are kept in good condition and ready for next winter.
- Spring Clean – first take all your items out of your wardrobe then wipe clean, vacuum and dust your wardrobe.
- Dry Clean & Wash items before you pack them away.
- Pack clothes in breathable covers and use acid free tissue and use anti moth products.
- Charity – give items to charity you do not wear or want, items too old give to the clothes bins.
- Hangers– purchase the correct hangers for your clothes will help them to keep their shape and will be easier to see as they look neat and tidy.
- Shoe and Boots – check if your footwear needs any repair, and polish them before putting away. Store them with shoe trees and boxes to keep their shape and away from dust.
- Repairs and maintenance: If any buttons have fallen off, zips broken, hems fallen down, or clothes have grown too big or too small take them to be altered and repaired. Don’t leave anything in the wardrobe that needs something doing to it, chances are it will not be worn.